The Beach Hotel
|Prices will be charged in United Kingdom Pounds||Full Rate||Sun 03 Dec 2023||Mon 04 Dec 2023||Tue 05 Dec 2023||Wed 06 Dec 2023||Thu 07 Dec 2023||Fri 08 Dec 2023||Sat 09 Dec 2023||Sun 10 Dec 2023||Mon 11 Dec 2023||Tue 12 Dec 2023||Wed 13 Dec 2023||Thu 14 Dec 2023||Fri 15 Dec 2023||Sat 16 Dec 2023|
Deluxe Double StandardPhotos Details
Luxury Double StandardPhotos Details
Double Standard StandardPhotos Details
Basic Triple Room StandardDetails
Economy Family Room StandardPhotos Details
Economy Quadruple Room StandardDetails
Economy Double Room StandardDetails
Family Room (Sleeps 3) StandardDetails
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
Set in a vibrant Somerset coastal location offering stunning scenery, fantastic walking, cycling, horse riding, extreme sports and the longest heritage steam railway in the country.
Whether you want an action packed stay or a relaxing seaside break, The Beach Hotel is the perfect destination for a contemporary beach holiday.
- Street-Side Parking (Charges Apply)
- Free WiFi in Public Lounge
- TV Room
- On Site Restaurant
- Street parking
- Guest Lounge
- Internet Access
- Broadband Internet Access
- Meeting Room
- Iron On Request
- Pet friendly
- 32" Flat Screen TV
- Hiking Trails
- Dog Friendly
- Coffee Bar and Scones
- Free Breakfast
- Conference Facilities
- Mountain Biking
- WiFi Internet
Deluxe Double Standard Book
Standard rates for this room, queen size bed, TV, ensuite shower above bath, tea and coffee making facilities. Most rooms have a sea view or a view across the heritage railway to the sea.
- Sleeps 3
Basic Triple Room Standard Book
Standard rates for this room
- Sleeps 3
Economy Family Room Standard Book
Family room to sleep 4 people either, queensize double and 2 singles or 4 singles.
- Sleeps 4
Economy Quadruple Room Standard Book
Standard rates for this room
- Sleeps 4
Economy Double Room Standard Book
Standard rates for this room
- Sleeps 2
Family Room (Sleeps 3) Standard Book
Standard rates for this room
- Sleeps 3
Terms & Conditions
What these terms cover: when you make a booking with us via our digital channels (such as our website or other Online Travel Agents (O.T.A’s)
Contents of these terms:
A. Making a booking and identification required on arrival at the hotel
C. Cancellation, amendments, refunds and no shows
D. Arrival, departure and relocation
E.Your stay- requirements of you and the other members of your booking
G. Pets and other animals
H. Car parking
A Making a booking and identification required on arrival at the hotel
1. Please follow the directions on the website or O.T.A. as advised to you on our telephone booking service to make a booking.
2. If you book ten or more rooms for the same night we will treat this as a “Group Booking”.
3. We will issue you with a confirmation number when a booking has been made. The confirmation number is proof that we have accepted your booking. No booking shall be binding until we issue you with a confirmation number.
4. Each booking will be for one hotel only. It is not possible to split a booking across multiple hotels.
5. Your booking is not transferable. You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part) or advertise or otherwise offer any hotel room for sale and if you do transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) your booking then we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking. Any bookings resold or transferred may not be honoured and we accept no liability in respect of this. We may also refuse to take any future bookings from you.
6. You must ensure that the name on a booking is correct at the time of booking as we may not change the name on the booking afterwards.
7. You are responsible for ensuring that each person who stays at the hotel under your booking, even if you make a booking for someone else’s benefit and don’t stay yourself, complies with these terms.
8. You must be aged 18 years or over to make a booking with us and you must be aged 18 years or over to stay alone. If a guest arrives at the hotel and is under 18 years of age the guest will not be permitted to stay alone. We may require photo identification (a driver’s licence or passport) as proof of age and if the guest is unable to present this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
9. You must be able to show photo identification (a driver’s licence, passport or national ID card) and a valid credit or debit card if you are paying by cash for a pay on arrival or walk-in booking at a YMCA Dulverton Group hotel. If you are unable to produce this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
10. You must be able to show photo identification (a driver’s licence, passport or national ID card) or the credit or debit card used to make your booking if requested by the hotel at any time. If you are unable to produce this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
1. The rate for each room is as published on our website or O.T.A at the time of your booking on that channel or in the case of a telephone booking as advised to you at the time of booking.
2. Room rates are per room per night and are inclusive of VAT, unless we state otherwise.
3. Any promotional rates or benefits available to YMCA Dulverton Group staff can only be used in accordance with the terms of such promotional rates or benefits and must not be used by anyone who is not a YMCA Dulverton Group employee unless we explicitly state that this is allowed. Any person staying at a YMCA Dulverton Group hotel using such a promotional rate or benefit may be required to show employee and/or photo identification. We reserve the right to terminate any booking made using a promotional rate or benefit not in accordance with these terms and to retain any money paid to us for such booking.
4. All payments are due in full at the time of check in unless you are otherwise advised by us.
5. Any bookings made by telephone will be subject to providing a valid credit/debit card.
6. If your booking is not payable in full at the time of booking we require debit or credit card details to be provided at the time of booking and we will charge such payment card for the cost of the first night of the booking if you fail to arrive. You will need to pay on arrival and you must do so by using, in person only, the payment card which you used to make the booking or cash.
7. If your payment is not due in full at the time of booking and the rate of VAT changes between the date of your booking and the date of payment, we will be entitled to charge you (i) an additional amount to reflect any increased rate of VAT at the date of payment, or (ii) the same amount regardless of any reduced rate of VAT.
8. Group Bookings only: All payments are due in full at the time of booking for Group Bookings made 28 days or fewer before the scheduled date of arrival and are not refundable. For Group Bookings made more than 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival a 10% deposit is due in full at the time of booking and is not refundable and you must pay the final balance for your Group Booking at least 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival. If we do not receive payment of the full balance by this time your Group Booking will be cancelled automatically and no refund will be given.
C. Cancellation, amendments, refunds and no shows
If you have not checked in, you can cancel a booking by notifying us the day before the check in date before 12pm, via:
(i) Email, or
(ii) calling the reception team on the relevant phone number
If you have already checked in, you can cancel one or more future nights included in a booking by notifying the hotel before 12pm on the first day that you wish to cancel.
The refund will not include any other costs associated with the cancelled booking (including any non food & beverage Extras purchased or any booking fee).
You can still notify us of the cancellation via:
(i) Email or;
(ii) calling hotel reception on the relevant number
(iii) informing the hotel if you have checked in
6. The hotel booked, the rate type, or the guest name is not amendable. Should you request us to change the hotel or the rate type, we will deem the change as a cancellation request and the paragraphs under the Cancellation heading above will apply.
Check in / Check out dates
Number of guests
7. Any request for the above changes will be accepted by us if:
a. the hotel has availability (as indicated on our website), and
b. you have paid the difference if the value* of the new booking is more expensive than that of the previous booking. (We will refund you the difference if the value* of the new booking is cheaper than that of the previous booking.)
*The following will count towards the “value” of the booking: room rates and all Extras. Any booking fee will not be part of the “value” of the booking.
10. If we accept your amendment, we will send you an email confirming the amendment.
13. If you do not check in at the hotel before midnight on the check in date as stated in your booking and if we do not receive any prior notification for the failure to check in, we will treat this as a “no show”.
14. We will not provide any refund for any no show, regardless of the rate type. If your booking is a pay on arrival booking we will charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking.
15. However, if (a) you notify us (please click here) that you intend to cancel one or more future nights included in the booking before 12pm on the first day that you wish to cancel, and (b) the night(s) paid for are included in a Flexible Rate booking, you may be entitled to a refund as described in paragraph C.3 above.
16. Where a refund is payable in accordance with these terms, we will only make refunds in full and to the payment card that you used to make the booking. If you cancel your booking before you check in in accordance with these terms we will normally credit refunds within 10 days of cancellation. If you shorten your booking during your stay in accordance with these terms we will normally credit refunds within 10 days of the last day of the original booking. If you are an individual consumer, your statutory rights are unaffected. You can find out more about your statutory rights by contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau or going to https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights.
CANCELLATION BY YMCA Dulverton Group
17. If you fail to pay us when you are required to do so or breach these terms we may cancel your booking with immediate effect on notice to you.
18. If an event outside our reasonable control (as explained in paragraph J6 below) is reasonably likely to prevent us from performing your booking we may cancel your booking on notice to you and will refund in full any payment made by you in respect of such booking to the payment card that you used to make the booking, including any food & beverage Extras but excluding all other Extras (which are non-refundable) and any booking fees.
D. Arrival, departure and accessibility
1. You can check in after 3pm on the scheduled date of arrival unless through prior arrangement with the hotel, subject always to availability.
2. You must check-out before 11am on the scheduled date of departure unless through prior arrangement with the hotel subject always to availability. If you do not check out by 11am then we may charge you the days Rate at that time for one night’s stay for the applicable room(s).
E Your stay – requirements of you and the other members of your booking
1. Accessibility- we provide wheelchair accessible and limited mobility rooms subject to availability. Please specify this requirement at the time of booking.
2. You must not exceed the maximum specified occupancy for the room type which you have booked. You will need to speak directly to the hotel to confirm availability of cots and room size.
3. When you require a fold out bed for a second or third adult occupant, a supplement may apply. The supplement will be included in the rate quoted for the room.
4. We do not permit people under the age of 18 to stay in our hotels alone. You must not leave under 18s unattended in any rooms or public areas at any times.
5. We will try to assist with any special requests but all room bookings are subject to availability.
6. We will require you to move rooms if you make a booking or bookings to stay at a hotel for 28 or more days concurrently. If you refuse to do so we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking.
7. Smoking is not permitted in any YMCA Dulverton Group hotel other than in designated smoking areas outside the hotel. You must not smoke in any of our hotels, either in the hotel rooms or public areas, or interfere with our fire detection system or with any emergency equipment. If you do so we may terminate your booking and reserve our rights to take any further action. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our reasonable costs during your stay, charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover our reasonable costs. The reasonable costs we incur if you smoke in our hotel are likely to include costs for specialist cleaning, repair or replacement of damage by you to our property, the cost of the room for any period it is unusable and our administration expenses. If you request it we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
9. You must not bring any potentially hazardous or otherwise dangerous items on to our premises.
10. You must not damage or interfere with any items belonging to us. If you do so we may terminate your booking. You must bring any damage to our hotel or property to our immediate attention. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our reasonable costs during your stay, charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover the reasonable costs for any repair, replacement or specialist cleaning we incur if you damage our hotel or property. If you request it we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
11. Cooking equipment including but not limited to microwave ovens, fridges, deep fat fryers and toasters must not be operated by you in the hotel.
12. You must not cause any disturbance to any other guests or our staff including but not limited to noise disturbance.
13. All room keys must be returned to us on check-out. If you don’t do this we may charge you for a replacement key or lock as required. In the event that a key is not returned after check-out we request you to contact the hotel to make arrangement for keys to be returned.
14. If you do not comply with any of paragraphs E2 to E12 when staying at our hotel we may terminate your booking and require you to leave the hotel immediately and may retain any money paid to us for such booking. If we consider your non-compliance to be sufficiently serious we may not accept any future reservations from you and/or not allow you entry to or accommodation at any of our hotels.
15. Your responsibility: If you or any member of your booking causes damage or loss of any kind to us or any other guests, including but not limited to as described in paragraph E8 (Smoking) above, you will be responsible for that damage or loss and you as the person who made the booking will be required to pay the costs, including but not limited to those described in this section E.
16. If we are entitled to recover costs or other sums of money from you under this section E we may (at our sole discretion) charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking.
1. We offer breakfast & WIFI free as a condition your booking. The room rate excludes any Extras unless we expressly agree with you otherwise as part of your booking.
2. You may purchase Extras (food, beverages etc) during the booking process or during your stay.
3.Extras may be purchased after you have made a booking via direct contact with reception. You can also purchase Extras directly at the hotel.
4. Extras are always subject to availability.
G Pets and other animals
1. If you have purchased an Extra to accommodate a pet or pets you may bring such pet(s) into the hotel. Guide dogs, assistance dogs and hearing dogs may be brought into the hotel free of charge; please notify the hotel in advance that you are intending to bring such dog(s) with you. Domestic, non-assistance animals are subject to a £10 per night surcharge.
2. Pets or other animals are not permitted in bar cafe areas at any times. You must not leave pets or other animals unattended in any rooms or public areas at any time and dogs must be kept on leads in public areas at all times.
H Car parking
1. Limited Car parking is available at all YMCA Dulverton Group hotels. In some locations this is provided by YMCA Dulverton Group and at other locations it is provided by a third party provider and fees may apply. Please contact your hotel to discuss parking arrangements.
2. If the car parking at a hotel is provided or managed by a third party provider and you decide to use this car parking you will enter into an agreement with the third party provider and not YMCA Dulverton Group. We strongly advise that you read the third party provider’s terms as displayed at the car park before parking your car.
3. We shall not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the hotel or any property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to the hotel or not.
2. Additional terms apply to your use of our digital channels whether or not you make a reservation through them. These are published on the relevant digital channel. Please take the time to read these as they include important terms which apply to you.
4. Amendments to these terms: We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time and the terms applicable to your booking are those in force on the date of booking.
5. Statutory Rights: If you are an individual consumer you have certain legal statutory rights. If any of these terms conflict with a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms. For more information on your statutory rights see https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights or call 03454 04 05 06 or contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
6. Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms or liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or Extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, partial or full cancellation or delay of major public event, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
7. Complaints, Questions and Disputes: If you wish to make a complaint or have a question regarding your booking please click here to contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ link on our website. We will respond to you as quickly as we can and normally within 5 working days.
8. Our Liability:
a) We will not be liable for any losses which are not caused by either a breach of these terms by us, our non-compliance with our duties under applicable legislation or our negligence. We will also not be liable for any losses which were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed. Loss is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen for example if you discussed it with us during the booking process.
b) We want to provide a safe and secure environment for your stay and where necessary we will take appropriate security measures. Under the Hotel Proprietors’ Act 1956 (“Act”) we may be liable for loss or damage to your property while you are staying in our hotels. Where the Act provides that our liability is capped at an amount, we will only be liable up to the maximum sums under the Act. If an incident occurs during your stay resulting in the theft, loss or damage of your property we will carry out an internal investigation. If we do not feel certain that your property was stolen, lost or damaged through any fault of ours, our staff or agents our liability will be limited to the maximum sums under the Act and if an incident is referred to the Police and they draw the same conclusion as us this will also be evidence that our liability is limited to those maximums.
c) In respect of all losses which are not subject to a maximum liability under the Act or are not covered by the Act, our total liability to you for any and all losses shall not exceed twice the total daily rate we charge you for your booking. If your booking includes a number of different daily rates, the average rate will be used.
d) We will not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the hotel or any property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to the hotel or not.
e) Nothing in these terms will exclude or limit our liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any other matter which it would be illegal for us to (or to attempt to) exclude or limit.
9. Severability: If any provision in these terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the provision will apply with whatever deletion or modification is necessary so that the provision is legal, valid and enforceable. You and we intend that the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms shall not be affected.
10. Waiver: Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms or otherwise or any delay in enforcing such rights or remedies shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
11. Third Party Rights: This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
12. Law: These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in relation to these terms shall be governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law. All disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or any non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to these terms shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts save that you agree that we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Credit/Debit card must be provided to secure booking, no payment is taken until arrival (unless no-show/cancellation 24 hrs or less)
Payment on arrival unless the hotel has been issued with a virtual card from your online travel agent.
Prior to 24hrs no charge.
24hrs or less ( after 3pm on the day prior to checkin) FULL PAYMENT of outstanding balance