The Purbeck Cottage
|Prices will be charged in United Kingdom Pounds||Sat 01 Apr 2023||Sun 02 Apr 2023||Mon 03 Apr 2023||Tue 04 Apr 2023||Wed 05 Apr 2023||Thu 06 Apr 2023||Fri 07 Apr 2023||Sat 08 Apr 2023||Sun 09 Apr 2023||Mon 10 Apr 2023||Tue 11 Apr 2023||Wed 12 Apr 2023||Thu 13 Apr 2023||Fri 14 Apr 2023|
Entire CottagePhotos Details
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
In the heart of Corfe Castle on the Isle of Purbeck, a two bedroomed 17th century holiday cottage to rent. Lovingly and sympathetically restored by Amy and Mark in 2022 with respect for the past, The Purbeck Cottage is a place where old meets new, where tradition stands in dialogue with the modern and with history in every stone, we continue to build on and share in its story.
The Purbeck Cottage provides a warm and a homelike atmosphere, a place to spend time with friends and family, a time to laugh, a time to celebrate, a time to share old stories but most of all, to create new memories.
Ten minutes drive to the beaches, five minutes walk to the Purbeck hills, 20 minutes drive to all corners of the Isle. Three pubs, one bakery, one deli, one corner shop, one restaurant and a 12th Century Castle.
Terms & Conditions
The Purbeck Cottage Terms & Conditions
We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful property and sharing the wonderful secret and not so secret suggestions for your stay. Before that though we would like to bring to your attention the boring details/T&Cs.
Reading all of this may feel quite onerous but we hope there is nothing out of the ordinary that you wouldn’t expect of yourselves if you were renting your beloved home. These details will allow you and other guests in the future to have a wonderful stay and keep the property functioning and looking its finest.
• Payment on booking: We take full payment on booking.
• Parties and Events: the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed (4 persons) and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
• 18s and over: Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
• Booking Refusal: We reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason of which a full refund will be provided.
• Owner Entry: We reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
• Check In/Out: Check in from 3pm on day of arrival unless otherwise agreed and all guests are required to vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
• Pets: no pets other than those agreed at time of booking are allowed. Only one dog by prior agreement will be allowed. Additional dogs entering the house will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
• Pets (other than those prior agreed), vaping or smoking: anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at your expense and taken from the damage deposit.
• One small dog on agreement: if a small dog is agreed prior to booking they shall not; be allowed on the sofas, must be clean before they enter the property, (there is a outside tap/hose for cleaning in the courtyard garden cleaning must not be undertaken in the house) and must not sleep in or on the beds. No facilities for dogs are provided and you must therefore bring all they need for their stay.
• Cleaning up after allowable dog: Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their dog. Any additional cleaning required due to agreed small dog will be taken from the damages deposit
• Damage deposit: In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A damage/security deposit of £500 is required and will be returned within 3 days of the end of your holiday, less the cost of damage/breakages.
• Damages and breakages: please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss or damage.
• Moving Furniture: Please do not move any furniture from one room to another or within the same room.
• Security: Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
• Electricity: Please make sure you switch off lights or any electrical appliances when you go out.
• Beach Towels: Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach. Please bring your own beach towels and ensure they are free of sand before bringing into the property. Guests must not shower of sand within the property. Any sand can be washed off in the courtyard garden with the outside tap/hose if necessary.
• Cleaning Charge: The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
• Keys: if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay (placed in the key safe), then the cost of replacement and any compensation to other guests for late check in due to lost keys will be charged to you and taken from the damage/security deposit.
• Subletting: The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
• Statutory Services: No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water or internet connection
• Personal Belongings: The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
• Property Belongings: All property belongings must remain in the property at all times.
• Children: Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times and should make themselves aware of any aspects of the property they may find dangerous to their children.
• Neighbours: Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11pm and 8am.
• Unreasonable Behaviour: We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
• Barbecue: please do not use disposable barbeques in the courtyard garden or property.
• Candles: are provided, however these are to be extinguished prior to leaving the property, vacating a room or prior to going to bed.
• Log Burner: please ensure that no live flame is still visible (embers only) prior to leaving the property or going to bed.
• Check-out: on check out please; empty bins into allocated waste bins in the courtyard garden, strip beds and leave in each bedroom, clean dirty dishes (set dishwasher going before leaving).
• Complaints: Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their stay at the property must be immediately reported directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
• Owners Belongings: Any belongings within the hallway cupboard and understairs cupboard are the property of the owners. Please refrain from using or moving these items.
• Respecting the property: This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house. The following points are our minimum requirements, if we feel that these have been actively disregarded we will take the appropriate allowance from the damage/security deposit:
o Shoes: Please remove shoes in the generous entrance hallway before entering the house.
o Red Wine: Please wipe up any red wine spillage immediately from all hard surfaces, especially the kitchen worktop.
o Bins: Please respect the recycling: Dry recycling (paper/card, tins, recyclable plastic. Glass Recycling (outside) Other waste including food – black bin bag.
o Dining Room Carpet: Dry cloth should be used immediately (pat not rub) for any spillages of liquids in the dining room. No chemicals should be used.
o Shower – please use the squeegee on the floor, walls and glass after use. This helps keep the cleaning down and the natural material (Tadelakt) dry quicker. Please do not use any chemicals on the bathroom surfaces and leave the cleaning to the cleaner.
o Antique Surfaces – we ask that you use the coasters provided on all wooden surfaces
o Fire wood – we provide fire wood from kiln dried sources. Should you need additional fire wood we ask that you buy this from the kiln dried logs from petrol stations and not the net bags at the corner shop as this is wet and does not burn well
o Outside Cushions – we have a selection of cushions within the draw unit in the dining room which can be used for the garden furniture. Please bring these in at the end of the day.
o Log Burner – please clean out the ashes every two days of lighting and place ashes in the general waste bin outside
o Washing machine – please do not put any sandy clothes or swimwear in the washing machine
o Toilet – toilet waste in the toilet only
Phew…now time to have fun and enjoy our beautiful cottage :)
Cancellation: All cancellations must be made via the booking platform Little Hotelier. The following refunds will apply:
75% of deposit prior to six weeks before the first night of your stay
0% of deposit less than six weeks before the first night of your stay
Cancellation Insurance: We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Owner Cancellations: Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.